Click here to edit Spacer module.
Individual & Group Social Support Services
Our Multicultural Neighbour Aid and Friendship Groups provide a variety of activities, meals, outings, picnics, bus trips, crafts and games and information sessions. We also provide home visits, transport to medical appointments and assistance with shopping.
Multicultural Friendship Group Services
The HMC Multicultural Friendship Groups (MFG) meet during the week at various venues through Newcastle and the Hunter Region including Maitland, Greta, Cessnock/Kurri Kurri, Salamander Bay and Raymond Terrace.
- Special day celebration
- Bus trips
MFG groups aim to bring seniors and young people with a disability of all nationalities, and their carers, together to:
- Have fun and make new friends
- Prevent isolation and loneliness
- Enjoy healthy meals in a safe environment
- Join bus trips and excursions
- Receive respite for carers
Multicultural Neighbour Aid Program
Available in Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens, Maitland and Cessnock, HMC’s Multicultural Neighbour
Aid Program aims to provide:
- Companionship and social support for people to remain independent
- Minimisation of isolation and help for people to participate in community life
- Increase and maintain meaningful relationships
The HMC also provides social support which includes:
- Home visits and telephone calls
- Transport to medical appointments and social outings
- Companionship; go out for coffee or lunch
- Assistance with shopping, paying bills etc.
- Bus trips and group outings
- Respite for carers