Aged Care & Seniors Support
The HMC is a CHSP Provider, currently providing:
- Social Support Individual,
(accompanied activities eg Shopping)
- Meals home delivered
- Flexible Respite
HMC also provides:
- Telephone/Web contact
- Social Support Groups
- Meals at Centre
- Centre Based Respite
- Multicultural Friendship Groups
- Food & Friendship
Multicultural Health & Wellness Centres
HMC operates Multicultural Health & Wellness Centres (MH&W) for seniors and younger people with disabilities and their carers. The MH&W Centre’s program is designed to provide a range of culturally appropriate activities and services to support, inform and empower seniors from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds to make informed choices about continuing to live at home independently.
Our three course meals, cooked at the premises and served in a friendly and culturally harmonious environment, assist clients to maintain their nutritional needs. Additionally, a wide range of activities and information sessions organised and presented in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner, helps improve client wellbeing and reduces their social isolation.
Our centres cater for Greek, Polish, Italian, Macedonian, Ukrainian and mixed multicultural communities. All services provided are person centred and culturally appropriate. Our clients are encouraged to actively participate in managing their own individual care plans. Exercise programs, excursions, respite for carers, health and education sessions are carefully balanced to meet individual needs and desires.
Multicultural Friendship Group Services
The HMC Multicultural Friendship Groups (MFG) meet during the week at various venues through Newcastle and the Hunter Region including Maitland, Greta, Cessnock/Kurri Kurri, Salamander Bay and Raymond Terrace.
- Special day celebration
- Bus trips
MFG groups aim to bring seniors and young people with a disability of all nationalities, and their carers, together to:
- Have fun and make new friends
- Prevent isolation and loneliness
- Enjoy healthy meals in a safe environment
- Join bus trips and excursions
- Receive respite for carers
Multicultural Neighbour Aid
Available in Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens, Maitland and Cessnock, HMC’s Multicultural Neighbour Aid Program aims to provide:
- Companionship and social support for people
to remain independent
- Minimisation of isolation and help for people to
participate in community life
- Increase and maintain meaningful relationships
The HMC also provides social support which
- Home visits and telephone calls
- Transport to medical appointments and social
- Companionship; go out for coffee or lunch
- Assistance with shopping, paying bills etc.
- Bus trips and group outings
- Respite for carers
Monday to Friday
9.00am – 4.30pm
If you are already registered with My Aged Care or if you need help to register please call us – we are here to help you.
Our team of experienced friendly staff can help you get started, including:
- enquiries about the Australian Aged Care System
- referrals and registration with My Aged Care
- help with accessing services
- changing provider and support services
- receiving information in your language
- organising information sessions for communities
Call 4960 8248 to arrange a visit to our office or your home.