Our Community Focus Program assists our multicultural communities and member groups to increase their potential through community development work and joint community projects.
Our Community Focus Program works with groups to build on their strengths and create new opportunities by providing information, access to community resources including events/services and funding options.
Types of community development assistance include:
- Cultural information and support
- Ideas to strengthen your community
- Identifying opportunities and resources
- Information on grants
- Planning and promoting cultural events
- Contact details for local support services
- Computer and internet access
- Enjoying HMC Multicultural Hub
- Linking with other groups/services
- Promoting the benefits of multiculturalism
- Multicultural education and training
- Multicultural youth group
- Specialised Outreach on demand
- Building Community Capacity through Grant Writing Workshops, provision of mentoring, resources, advice, representation and other capacity building services.
- Establish and maintain strategic and trusted relationships with our key stakeholders, communities and members to enable effective communication, informed insights and to support effective representation on a wide range of regional issues and interests.
- Enable stronger governance and support organisational capability
We provide quality services to culturally diverse communities and encourage participation and community involvement throughout variety of projects offered by HMC.
HMC is actively engaged in regional and statewide multicultural action groups, CALD reference groups and Interagency networks.