The HMC Community Garden offers a peaceful space for people to learn, share, connect with nature and celebrate our cultural diversity through gardening.
Spending time in the garden is a fun way to meet people from other cultures and to learn from each other how to grow fresh fruit, herbs and vegetables.
Our garden is your garden – all individuals and groups are welcome to visit the garden. The garden can also be used for special occasions or regular activities.
Are you a keen gardener or would like to learn more and
share garden produce?
Our Garden members and volunteers share the garden beds, share the work and share the produce!
Join our friendly group of gardeners and volunteers to:
- Learn how to garden and propagate plants
- Learn how to harvest and collect seeds
- Understand ‘good’ and ‘bad’ weeds
- Grow and harvest fruit, herbs and vegies
- Share produce with other gardeners
- Learn what grows locally
- Discover what other cultures like to grow
- Share knowledge and skills
- Help with gardening education sessions
- Learn to recycle, compost and create a worm farm
- Develop cross-cultural friendships
- Get to know our chickens (and love their fresh eggs!)
- Learn about our bees and harvesting honey
- Celebrate cultural diversity through gardening!
- Enjoy being part of the HMC embracing diversity and inclusion.